Monday, October 13, 2014

October Cakes

Hello :),

October is one of my favorite months of the year for three reasons: firstly, the autumn season which begs for hot chocolate, pumpkin recipes and chilled days-- thereby ushering in the changing of the color of the trees-- a totally amazing scientific anomaly - the mixture of yellow, brown, red and orange colors are so warm and incredible. I am inspired every time I travel out for a walk; Secondly, it is the month of Halloween, which I have learned to enjoy and celebrate since I moved to the USA; lastly, but not least it is also the month of my Birthday. In my opinion, birthdays are supposed to be celebrated with those you love, as a joy in one's life. In my house we always do something, even if it is just us or with friends and extended family.

For my birthday this year I was spoiled with a really nice cake made by my son. He decorated the cake with a lot of stars and he also designed two power ranger masks made from fondant :). I thought he did a brilliant job applying the icing and decorating. What do you think? It tasted really good too :).


Above is the cake my son baked exclusive for me :), I needed to make a cake for my friends that came over for tea and cake :). We had a vanilla butter-cream cake.



The following pictures are of a fall themed cake that I made for a birthday. I enjoyed making this cake so much and thinks it was super cute. I love everything about it! The cake is a chocolate cake with vanilla icing. the fence was created from chocolate licorice, the hay bales were shredded wheat and the pumpkins were candy. A great idea for your fall/pumpkin party :).

My friend Martin Mckinney took the pics of the cake before I delivered it. He is a great photographer. 



If you want to throw a small spooky party for your kids/adults at home. This is an idea of what you could do:


Last week I surprised my son and his friends with a spooky party. They were in awe as they didn't expect it, and excited to eat the sweets. 

 I made chocolate bats from chocolate sticks and the wings were melted chocolate.


To create the ghosts, I drew spooky faces with food writer onto the marshmallows. I used kebab sticks to attach the marshmallows and stuck them on a black plastic cup.


The Frankenstein cake was a brownie cake with vanilla buttercream icing.



Hope you had fun reading my post. If you felt inspired please contact me to make your next cake :).

Have a wonderful week. Thanks.
Fabiana

No comments:

Post a Comment